The range of Samson power drives was developed to assist carers in eliminating manual handling injuries. The addition of a Samson power drive to your wheelchair eliminates the need to manually push wheelchairs thus minimising the risk of back and leg injuries while not altering the folding features of the wheelchair.
The heart of the Samson power drive family is its unique drive unit. All the models are supplied as a kit for installation on most wheelchairs.
The current available models are the PD4 and the PD6
The PD4 is a economical add-on drive system for caretakers that takes the effort out of pushing a manual wheelchair. The complete system weighs only 11Kg. And can be installed on almost any manual wheelchair. The lightweight components and the unique design do not alter the normal operation of the wheelchair.
- The attachment and detaching of the PD4 are simple and require no tools or effort.
- Drive unit and battery are placed under the wheelchair giving the attendant all the space required for effortless operating and steering.
- The unique unidirectional free drive wheel allows the PD4 to be used when needed without the necessity to disengage it when not in use.
- Its low weight and compact dimensions allow transportation of the PD4 (together with the wheelchair) in any regular car trunk.
The PD6 is a compact, lightweight and user-friendly add-on motor system that takes the effort out of pushing a manual wheelchair up a slope and takes away the risk of descending slopes with its unique dynamic braking system. The optimal positioning of the push handles enables effortless operation and steering of the wheelchair. The complete unit clips on to your wheelchair without any effort and is ready for use in seconds.
The PD6 can be installed on most manual wheelchairs without affecting their normal operation. Main Features:
- The initial installation of the adapters to the wheelchair is universal and simple.
- The attachment and detaching of the PD6 are effortless, thanks to its unique system controlled by a lever placed at a convenient position next to the push handle.
- The most important feature in PD6 is its ease of operation. The push handles, an integral part of the PD6, are ergonomically positioned for minimum tension on the attendant's arms, wrists and legs.
- The PD6 has been carefully designed for efficiency and ease of use. It takes the effort out of pushing a manual wheelchair up a slope and takes away the risk of descending slopes with its unique dynamic braking system.
- The battery pack is easily removed by lifting its carrying handle, and the complete PD6 unit can be folded and transported in the boot of the car.
- PD6 can be operated forward and backward.
- PD6 can be installed on most wheelchairs: (30 - 66 cm).
- Two options of batteries: 7A/h and 12A/h. The PD6 has a TUV Certificate.